- “That is why I am wildly enthusiastic about this new book by Elizabeth Castro: EPUB Straight to the Point. Beginners will learn all the essentials, thanks to the many illustrations (screen shots) and the step-by-step instructions that never fail to be clear. EPUB professionals and experts — and I am one of these — will find dozens of ideas for transforming ordinary-looking ebooks into ones that are beautifully designed.” from Michael Pastore's Epublishers Weekly.
- “Liz Castro has cracked the code on creating beautiful, functional ebooks.”
from Liz Castro: EPUB Straight to the Point, by Joel Friedlander on his popular self-publishing blog, The Book Designer.
- “The book is essential for anyone developing ebooks for the iPad... Liz Castro has done a first class job writing this book, but also (straight to the point), she has created a fantastic ePub version.” from Chris Jenning's pagetoscreen
- “epub is a kind of nightmare and your book is like awakening from it” Jean-Baptiste Blanc, CEO of Nouvelle Images on Twitter.
- "Full of useful explanations & examples. It won't leave my desk any day soon." -- Marie Bilde, of Gyldendal Publishers, on Twitter.
- "Lo compré ayer y ya me parece imprescindible." [I bought it yesterday and I already find it indispensable.] — Silvano Gozzer, Editor at Grupo Santillana, on Twitter.
- "These two books are by absolute experts. Now go buy them, read them, and use them!" [Referring to both my EPUB Straight to the Point and Joshua Tallent's Kindle Formatting] — Mike Cane
- "I recommend ePUB: Straight to the Point by @lizcastro - discusses all workflows." — Colleen Cunningham, Senior Book Designer for Adams Media, on Twitter.
- "EPUB Straight To The Point is the Bible of ebook design. A necessary and outstanding tool. Go buy it and start using it.—Julieta Lionetti, writer, consultant, and publisher.
- “This is the definitive book on EPUB formatting... This book is very well organized and the information is clear and easy to understand, covering the entire range beginning with defining what an EPUB is to advanced formatting techniques.”--Jennifer Jones, Expert Graphic Designer, in her blog Jenz' Posterous.
- “If you need to create EPUB files, if you want to go beyond what Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign or other applications can do and if you feel comfortable editing CSS and XHTM files (or are willing to learn to be become proficient), then do yourself a favor and buy this book. It is a huge time-saver. It may teach you about some aspects of ebooks that you are not even aware off. Highly recommended!” - Laurens Leurs, in his blog, Prepressure.com
- "A great source for much of this post and recommended reading is Elizabeth Castro's great book, EPUB Straight to the Point: Creating ebooks for the Apple iPad and other ereaders, published by Peachpit Press in both print and electronic editions. " — Steve Sloan, SJSU Tech on a mission
- [Translated from Dutch] "I got this book by Liz Castro at an early stage—before it was translated into Dutch—to read. It really is a great guide for anyone professionally in the weather or to continue with ebooks. All the shortcomings and possibilities of the ePub format treatment, supplemented by numerous practical tips to make life a ebook publishing a lot more comfortable. A must for publishing professionals who are serious about making ebooks!" Wiebe de Jager (auteur van 'Zelf ebooks uitgeven')
- “First and foremost have been Liz Castro's two publications, EPUB Straight to the Point and Fixed Layout EPUBs Miniguide. EPUB SttP includes a very helpful chapter on moving from InDesign to EPUB, but I found it to be incredibly helpful for the InDesign-free project I just completed. It's a fantastic orientation to the EPUB file structure and includes essential basic information from unzipping an EPUB (so you can see and tweak its guts) to recompiling (even if working in Terminal makes you nervous, her instructions are super explicit so you won't go wrong). Her blog is also a great source of information. One of my favorite aspects about her site and her publications is that she's very neutral about tools. Highly usable. ” — Kevin Kelly, ScreenPublishing
If you have written, or would like to write, a review of my book, EPUB Straight to the Point, please let me know.